Tuesday 12 October 2010

Back to business....

We have had a lovely two weeks holiday at home!  Now, I have loads to catch up with.....
Before the holiday I signed up to a Candlemat swap from the Quilting Bloggers site...it will be the first swap I have done, so I am quite excited about being a part of it.  I have already started my candlemat and I have been given the name of the recipient who lives in the USA.Colours chosen and cut...

Piecing in progress                          



I have decided to add a little embroidery too and to hand quilt it....

My dining room has become the new sewing room.


I have been collecting some vintage fabrics in the last couple of months...just love the feel and smell of them.  My favourites are the feedsacks from the States, but some are difficult to get hold of.  I have had a few deliveries lately too from France and Germany...

And my collection of hand embroidered cloths is growing....

And the green floral  fabric has been rescued from an old French eiderdown from around the 1950s........

To go with the older fabrics I have ordered some lovely Lecien faded florals too and these will soon be on my website.....


3 comments:

  1. Love your version of the candle mat! I added some embroiderty to the one I'm making too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I just wanted you to know I received my Candle Mat. I love it!!! The fabrics are BEAUTUFUL!!! and PERFECT for me!!! The fact that you hand quilted it and added the embroidery makes it even more special.
    I will write more about it on my blog http://pamsactivities.blogspot.com/.
    This was my first online swap, I was so lucky to get you. I will charish this forever. Pam O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you like it! I really enjoyed making it and this is my first swap too! From a very cold and rainy Reading, UK....best wishes, Karen

    ReplyDelete