What you need to do before giving me your quilt...
- Remove all loose and trailing threads
- Press your top carefully, making sure all seams are facing the desired direction
- Don't put the layers together
- If there is a 'top' to your quilt, please mark it with a piece of paper pinned with a safety pin
- If you are supplying the backing fabric and the wadding please make sure that they are at least 4" larger than the quilt top on all sides
- Make sure that your quilt is 'squared' and that borders are flat and not wavy. If you need help with this, please call me
- Sit back and let me do the work!
What I will do when I get your quilt...
I will discuss with you your choice of pattern and thread colours and advise on the suitability of each with your quilt in mind. Your quilt will be stored safely in my studio. I will check that it does not need a press before placing on the machine.
I use 100% cotton thread for quilting. My favourites are Aurifil, Superior threads King Tut and Signature threads which I buy from the States.
Delivery of your finished quilt
Your finished quilt can be collected from my studio or I can post it to you, using Royal Mail guaranteed next day delivery service.